1 boneless Pork Loin Roast (preferably from Jackson Station Leelanau Livestock! 🙂
Himalayan Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
2 tablespoons of Stone Ground Mustard
2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup of brown sugar
The night before: Place raw meat in a large ziplock baggie and sprinkle with oil, chili powder, garlic powder and lightly salted. Seal the bag and move meat around to cover all sides with marinade.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a (cast iron) skillet, heat about 1 tablespoon of the grape-seed oil over high heat. Place the Roast in the pan. Season the Pork with salt and pepper and sear on all sides until golden brown. Sear the meat on all sides, using a set of tongs to carefully turn over. Remove from heat. Place the Roast in a glass, oven-safe baking dish.
In a small dish, combine 2 tablespoons of mustard and 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Mix ingredients well with a pastry brush. Brush the sauce over the entire roast. Drizzle any excess sauce into the baking pan.
Transfer to the oven and roast the pork until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 145 degrees, takes about 35-50 minutes. Once meat reached 145 degrees, remove from oven and transfer the pork to a cutting board. Create a tent with foil and cover meat to let rest for about 15 minutes.
Thinly slice and serve!
Red Lobster brand biscuits, a fresh salad of greens and your choice of toppings, and a side of oven roasted root vegetables (we did red skin potatoes, garlic cloves, oil, herbs, salt and pepper) dolled with sour cream.
#eatlocal #jacksonstation #leelanau #farmtotable #pasturedpork
Posted February, 2018 by Raquel Jackson
• For a special rate of only $3.00/lb, you’ll pay for the “Hanging Weight” of your hog. (ie: half hog hanging weight may equal 100 lbs)
• You pay the butcher fee. 1/2 Hog: $75+/- and a Whole Hog: $150+/-
• 1/2 Hog yields 70+/- lbs. of meat; Whole Hog yields 130 lbs +/-
• The meat gets processed at a USDA facility and cut/packaged to your specifications ~ We’ll walk you through the process to make it easy!
• $150 deposit to secure your Hog is required.
• Decide if you want to reserve a 1/2 or a Whole.
• Reserve your Hog (by using the simple form below) or Contact us directly: Call 231-994-3834 or email
• Submit your deposit (by Cash, Check or PayPal (Please use firstname.lastname@example.org to send money via PayPal)
• Decide your cut sheet – Think about how you cook and what you may want to use or try. Smoked items or Fresh? Talk with us ~ We can help you decide.
• We will place your order for you with our Butcher and deliver your Hog to be processed.
• You will receive your meat order in 2-3 weeks from the date we drop-off to the Butcher.
• Once we get the hanging weight & the butcher’s processing cost back, we’ll send you an Invoice with the remaining balance.
• Set up time for delivery.
We will follow up with you upon receiving your request.
Please pay your $150 deposit to secure your hog.
Checks Payable to: Jackson Station Leelanau, 2150 W School Lake Rd, Maple City, MI 49664
Or, feel free to send your $150 deposit money via PayPal, online now.
Call (231)994-3834 or shoot us an Email.
The winning pick from the raffle will receive a Jackson Station experience (who knows where this may go, but you could find out 🙂
Second place gets a Boston Butt Roast & Jackson Station swag to sport. 20 orders must be received to complete the game.
From chili to meatballs, pulled pork tacos to sandwiches, let Jackson Station supply your Super Bowl meat needs!
Kevin Jackson (517) 518.1961
Raquel Jackson (517)518.4413
In our busy home with small children and full days, eating healthy meals that everyone will love and are efficient to prepare – is key.
A Ham Slice is such a versatile cut of pork. Throw it in a pan and cook it up. It’s SOOO good – as is – no brining or marinating needed! We like thinly slicing it and putting it in soup.
(Pictured here: Ham & Potato Soup w/ easy Homemade Biscuits).
In addition, the following ideas put most ANY leftover pork to good use…
• Sandwich: Ham & Cheese on a Croissant
• Maple & Brown Sugar glazed
• Dice and add it to a “Rice Bowl”
• A Ham Slice served w/ a side of roasted root vegetables
• Baked Mac & Cheese w/ Ham
• Ham & Eggs
• Ham Fettuccini
The fresh snow represents to us both a challenging but beautifully rich season ahead as we welcome winter arriving in full force in Northern Michigan.
A little work was done to this hill a few weeks ago, getting it ready for the inches it recently accumulated. We carved out some time this weekend to take a break from work and splitting wood to go sledding and cut down a tree from what we refer to as “Spruce Lane.”
It feels good to fully embrace this landscape and experience “firsts” here on the property; making stories we’ll share for years (and hopefully generations) to come.
Pork, Chicken & Beef available.
Delivering orders right to you – FREE, locally.
Thank you’s accepted 🙂
You have to try our new and improved Brats, comes in Regular and Polish. Our grass-fed ground beef makes an amazing chili, and we have plenty of it! Click the button below for this delicious easy crowd-pleasing recipe. A perfect meal for serving on these cooler days. Leftovers rock too. Pair with cornbread or a warm, crunchy buttery baguette.
Enjoy this easy “Chicken in a Skillet” recipe from Jackson Station. Offering non-gmo, all natural Chicken for sale in Leelanau County, Michigan. Order 1/2 or Whole Chickens for sale, processed in a USDA facility.
Enjoy a delicious easy dinner, with our Chicken in a skillet recipe.
Although pre-orders are now passed, we still have our fall chickens for sale, from our freezer to yours! Whole chickens average about 4 lbs in weight. They were raised antibiotic and hormone-free, fed non-gmo feed and free-ranged on our property in Leelanau County.
1/2 Chicken | $4.75/lb
Whole Chicken | $4.50/lb
In the am, Defrost your chicken by placing it in cold water in the sink. By afternoon it will be ready to prepare.
Remove chicken from the plastic bag and place in a stainless bowl or glass 9×13 pan. In a small mixing bowl or glass measuring cup, add and mix:
1/3 cup of Grapeseed oil
1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder
1 tsp of Fine Ground Himalayan Salt
Freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of Thyme, Parsley or an Italian Herb Blend
Mix this well. Drop a bit of oil in a cast iron pan then place chicken in the pan. Pour oil and seasoning mixture over the chicken, covering all parts, reserving another tablespoon of the mixture for later. Cover pan with tin foil and cook on Med-Low heat.
Check the Chicken so one side does not overcook. Flip two the other side, adding remaining oil mixture. Replace foil and cook until internal temperature reaches the safe 165 degrees, and skin is cooked to desired doneness.
Remove from skillet to a large cutting board and let rest for about 10 min before serving.
Enjoy your cooked chicken however you like! We cooked 2 halved chickens this way and pulled it apart for dinner that night and served it with Rice & Broccoli. This quantity served 3 adults and 2 children and allowed for leftovers to make a soup or chicken fajitas the next day.
• Get your 1/2 or Whole Chickens this week ~ being processed at a USDA facility here in Michigan. Pre order sales are over but there may still be a few available.
1/2 Chicken $4.75/lb
Whole Chicken $4.50/lb
• SALE on Ground Beef, Beef Burger patties, Soup Bones, Beef Shank, Sirloin Steaks and Beef Short Ribs.
• Also offering a SALE on Ground Pork, Smoked Ham Slice, Pork Steak, Breakfast Sausage Links, Brats, Ground Sweet Italian Sausage and Pork Spare Ribs. Also coming from the butcher this week is more of “The BEST Bacon” and some excellent Pork Chops, 2 pos, 1 1/4″ Cut Bone-In.
Send us an EMAIL or call to get in on this DEAL on Leelanau County raised, Pastured Pork, Grass-Fed Beef and Chicken!
Kevin “Jackson” (517)518.1961
Raquel “Rock” (517)518.4413
We’ll be arranging to deliver orders the end of this week, mostly scheduled for Thursday Oct. 19th, 2017.
Kevin and Raquel Jackson and Family
Offering a special on some upcoming pork from our farm. We are “thinning our herd” and offering a selection of what we’re lovingly referring to as “Sausage Hogs” for sale to you at “wholesale pricing.”
A great opportunity to get our all natural, non-gmo, antibiotic and hormone free pork at a really low price!
Ground Sausage (any flavor: Regular, Sweet Italian or Breakfast) – $4.25/lb (reg. $6.25/lb)
Breakfast Sausage Links – $5.50/lb (reg. $7.50)
Brats (any flavor: Regular, Jalapeño or Polish) – $5.50/lb (reg. $7.50)
Asking a minimum order of at least 10 lbs of meat – you pick variety and quantity of each item.
Local delivery available to your door in the Leelanau County and Grand Traverse area.
After you submit your order, we will follow up with expected delivery dates and your purchase order to remit payment.
Share this with your family and friends….